Hey Google!


Ken's Christma Present - The Google Home Mini - thanks, sis! 
The first thing I do at work in the new year is set aside some time to vision, as well as pre-populate my online calendar.  

We are a generation that has become reliant on tablets, laptops and phones for pop up task prompts to get us through our overscheduled lives.  

Ken recently received the Google Home Mini.  We simply call out

"Hey Google"

and present our requests to this mystery woman inside the device. Our new personal home assistant is there to answer questions, provide information and even remind us to buy toilet paper.


However, every time I ask Mrs Google to add cleaning the bathroom on Ken's to do list she politely responds

"I'm sorry - I do not recognize your voice."

How convenient.

I have to confess that just like Mrs Google I also struggle at times to recognize the voice of my Master.
Do you 
recognize
 the Master's
 voice?

If we need all these devices to keep our busy lives on track how will we ever have time to know, hear and discern our Father's voice?

You see, even with all of the multitude of devices and technological advances to improve our memory, organization and productivity somehow our spiritual practices still don't seem to make the priority list.


Just like my work schedule, without intentional designated time for spiritual development, I will continue to fall prey to reacting to the tyranny of the urgent.

There are countless times where I have had such "good intentions" of meeting with God when before I know it I find myself climbing with utter exhaustion back into bed as another day passed by in a blur and once again I postpone my time with Jesus.

I don't know about you, but I can't remember the last time I put thanking God for His goodness as one of my posted appointment reminders.  Yet what would happen if I set a daily pop-up reminder to listen for God's voice?


We are a people who are called to remember.  Not just our daily commitments, but more importantly we are called to remember God Himself.  

Thankfully we are not on our own.


"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you."
John 14:26 NIV

Technology is certainly an aid to prompt our memory, but God promises that it is His very own Spirit that is able to help us recall everything that we need in Christ. 
If everything
 belongs to God
 - then so does
 our schedule.

Let 2018 be the year we fully surrender our daily schedule to God.

Whether you prefer a beautiful hand-written journal or the latest technology for your appointments - place God first before your weekly calendar is filled.   

The more He becomes the priority in our lives the more we will learn to recognize and follow His voice.

Monday Schedule with My Beloved

 @ 6am ~ Time to listen and surrender my day to Christ

@ 8am pop-up reminder -  Prayer for wisdom and guidance

@ 1pm pop-up reminder ~ Praise Him

@ 9pm pop-up reminder ~ Confession and Thanksgiving

@ 11pm - Rest in Him



 Let us cultivate the seeds that nourish our interior castle.
May we be attentive to the unfolding of the beauty of our Beloved so that we may live every day overflowing with the fullness of Christ.

Thank you for making this Castle your home.

  
















Comments

Popular Posts